Monday, December 2, 2013

Day Sixteen--Kitten-Licking Good

Day Sixteen--Kitten-Licking Good

When Zuki was my kitty (years before she came back as Jan's kitten, Chi), she used to communicate with me telepathically. She mostly spoke in images. For example, when I made it known that we were going to have to move across country from Seattle to Orlando, she made it very clear that she wasn't going to have any part of that. With a combination of images and a sudden breakdown in her health, after having been perfectly healthy, I made peace with that fact and saw the wisdom in her choice, given that she was nearly 17 by then. When it came time for her to let go, I had to work that day at the family home of the little girl I'd been taking care of. Sometimes I watched her at my house and sometimes I went to hers. When the day came that Zuki decided would  be her last, she sent me telepathic images of her meeting me at the door when I got home from work and going outside to die. Considering that she had not been able to walk more than a couple of wobbly steps lately, this was going to be quite a feat, but I agreed to let her go. I had planned to take her to the vet that day anyway, but she didn't want treatment. She wanted to let go. 

Against all odds, this feeble little girl made it to the door to meet me so I let her go past me and outside to the utility room that was in the same building as the garage. She lay down in a corner on the floor in there to die. I at least made her lie down on a towel so she's be warmer and more comfortable. Then I told her that I was going to go inside and get a bite to eat and call my next door neighbor for help so I could hold her while I drove her to the vet if she was still alive after I ate a late lunch. My neighbor agreed to drive me the couple of miles to the nearest vet if I needed that, so when I came back out after lunch, and she was lying there looking rather determined but miserable, I gathered her up in the towel and went to the vet with her. She hated her carrier, so I drove in with just her in my arms in a towel. After the vet checked her out, she did suggest that she might respond to treatment, but that she most likely wouldn't live long anyway. A few months at best. After what I went through with Bingo, only to have him end up with cancer twice and suffering a lot, I had made a decision then never to put a cat through that much just for a few months with them. I know that they can come back, so that it by far the kindest thing to do for my beloved kitties. 

With Zuki, she and I made a better decision. She made it known what she wanted to do, and I honored her wishes. I'm pretty sure Bingo had wanted to fight so we'd have a little more time together, but I suspect now that he's on his second full life with me as his mom that he'd be more inclined to let go than to go through all of that again. I sure hope so. That was hard on my soul, and I suspect not all that easy on his either. Now as Bootsy, he has a full, robust life again with the same caring mommy, a new sister soul mate, and the same soul mate brother in a new body too. 

This time Zuki is the one who is back, and while I'm her aunty, the mommy has changed, and she seems to be quite happy with that. We all back together again--Anjolie, Bootsy (Bingo), Li'l (Dustin), and Chi (Zuki). Since Tai is Taz, who passed a couple of months ago, and Yeti is Jack, who passed a couple of years ago, the reunion is even more grand as well as astounding. I know other pets have reincarnated to be with their people, but I'm not aware of any other major feline soul groups appearing in families and reincarnating over and over again on such a conscious level. It's interesting to watch. One of the most fascinating things about it is observing the traits that carry over from lifetime, which is what brings me to the title of this blog. I have had only one cat in my life who liked to lick my face, and my mouth, if she could reach it, and that was Zuki. Until now. Chi, who was originally Zuki, is back and still a face licker. It's every bit as cute as it was last time around. She's been licking her new mommy too, so she's definitely an equal opportunity face licker. Here's the kicker, Taz used to lick Jan on the face too when she was here, so it will be interesting to see if she still does that still. If so, that's going to make for a whole lot of kitten lickings.   


No comments:

Post a Comment