Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 18 through 20--Time Flies When You're Having Cats

Day 18 through 20--Time Flies When You're Having Cats
Somehow the days have slipped by in a blur. I was surprised on day eighteen with the news that my housemate was going to adopt a new cat (a four-year-old), and while I'm on board with the rescue, it felt a bit fast. Even one extra day would have helped. I've been trying to resolve the litter issue for Li'l and Boo. We are switching out litters and are not happy with the first new kind and are switching to a different kind. They are both natural, but one was the pellet kind, which simply doesn't work in this household. Now we're going to a walnut-based clumping litter. I've ordered 2 more new boxes and more bags of litter. By tomorrow, any trace of the bad kinds should be gone and even several of the boxes with them. We figure this is a good time to start anew totally. 
On day nineteen, I think, the new cat arrived. Sweet Eyes is really small for a grown cat and very sweet. She's rather protective of humans, but I don't need protection from my own feline children, so we had to have a talk. She's extremely smart though and understands a lot, so that has already been resolved and she's starting to feel more comfortable and part of this household. 
Li'l has healed and gotten worse a couple times in the last few days so I hope by the time I get everything switched out tomorrow and he makes a second trip to the vet, he will be on the mend for good. He has been miserable and does show signs of improvement regarding his itchy red patches. Hopefully that will be a thing of the past soon. 
Ever since I got a big box from Amazon with new litter boxes in it, the kittens have had their own "condo." I cut holes in the box and they use it for a playhouse. They have a great time. By the second day, Sweet Eyes, the new addition, was playing with them in the box. 
Early in the morning on day twenty, Chi's sniffles moved to vertigo, That freaked me out at 6.30 am when I discovered her wobbling instead of walking. I awakened my housemate, who then took Chi to the vet because she couldn't stand up and walk straight. They determined that it was vertigo and treatable, rather than anything that would have been unthinkable. She has started on antibiotics and ear drops. She still plays like there's no tomorrow when she's not sleeping. She just plays a drunken sailor on a listing ship. She goes full tilt with head tipped to the left and mostly running in circles. I hope to see her righting herself tomorrow. My heart goes out to her and Li'l. I'm really glad that my sister is coming for a visit in a couple days. I need someone else to help with sending healing energy to the kitzenkatz. I love these kitz more every day, and I already wonder how we did without them. Sweet Eyes is already fitting in fairly well. She's very adaptable so I suspect she'll be fully acclimated and assimilated by the end of this week at the latest. She will, no doubt, enjoy having a third human around for cuddles and will think my sister lives here too by then. 
I got a photo of all three newcomers sound asleep in the chair all in a row. Since Chi's playtime slackened off somewhat today because of the healing sleep, Sweet Eyes and Tai have been playing together one-on-one, so that is speeding up the assimilation process. They were all three playing together by the afternoon today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment