Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 31 Catnip Catch-up

Day 31, I posted: 
My dear friend, Flo Harrah, sent along Christmas catnip bags for the kitzenkatz to increase the holiday fun. She even sent along enough for the whole crew. I had quite an audience opening that package last night. Now this morning I have strangely turbo-charged kittens. Someone has also dragged out the Brett Michaels catnip Christmas ornament from last year's after holiday sale in one of the local stores. Don't ask me who thought up that. Oh wait a minute. It was probably Brett Michaels himself, right? A few minutes ago, Chi came running down the hallway, dragging Brett behind her. Sweet Eyes was right behind her chasing Brett. That was really cute. Now Brett is up a cat tree without a kitten. 
These kitz keep coming up with "new" toys we haven't seen since the kittens who had been playing with them lost them under tight places. The kittens and Sweet Eyes are small enough to discover them all over again. Sweet Eyes is so precious with how much she plays. I think her teeth told lies about her age. There's no way she's 4 years old. I don't think she's more than 2. I think the wear and tear of motherhood and abandonment took a big toll on her health, making her appear older. That happened to my Bingo too. He appeared to the vet to be about 5, but after a few months in my household, they changed his estimated age to about 3. He definitely played more like he was three once we got his nutritional needs squared away. It's not taken long for Sweet Eyes to come around too. She loves these two like they are her own. She keeps a very close eye on them. So close the first night that I was a wee bit concerned about them since they were so small yet.

Jan got new kitty beds at the pet store the other day. They were marked down, so she scooped up 5 of them. Catnip bags and nice new cushy beds. Colo(u)r these kitties happy, safe, well-fed, and warm this holiday season. Everyone but Beebee has already acclimated. We all knew Beebee would be last, but even she is begrudgingly giving up ground to them. It's hard for even Beebee to be convincingly threatened by a couple of adorable little kittens. Beebee is just spending more time outside. She manages, however, to get along with everyone at night while it is cold. LOL 40s at night makes all manner of accommodations possible.
Chi is still finishing up her medicine, but she is well for all I can tell. Yay! 

Active kitten dream life... priceless. 

All three of the new girls continue to communicate via chips, chirps, and squeaks. They don't mew or meow unless they need to talk to us. I would so love to understand what those chirps and squeaks mean. I want to speak kitten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment