Monday, December 2, 2013

Day Fifteen--Ninja Kitten/Sleeping Kittens

Day Fifteen--Ninja Kitten/Sleeping Kittens

In the shuffling of kitties, Li'l has been finding some creative places to sleep these days. Bootsy too. The kittens are always finding interesting places to sleep. Tai, who has revealed herself as "Taz" returned has tipped us off in several ways. One is her favorite places to sleep-- on the back of the sofa, for instance. That was one of Taz's favorite places, and there are millions of fine sleeping spots in the house, so that is telling. The first little sign was on the very first day, I believe, when Tai got settled good on her mom, and in true Tazzie fashion, sighed deeply. Jan pointed it out to me, and I wondered then it she was Jan's Taz girl. I asked her when I asked Chi if she was my Zuki returned, but Taz didn't answer. But in tuning in, I did pick up her energy. The fact that she didn't answer was pure Taz anyway. She usually "thought" answers to me anyway. I'm thoroughly getting to know both of them as kittens. I didn't meet Zuki last time until I adopted her at fifteen. Taz was five or six when I came to live here with her mom. They are a lot of fun to watch and both incredibly smart. 

The pair are definitely officially as active and aerial as Anjolie and Bootsy were when I got them. They must now be about the same stage and age they were when I got them. They have definitely ramped up the playtimes. They're sleeping now, but the living room looks as though a tornado hit it. Two kitten tornadoes to be precise. 

Speaking of creative sleeping spots, many nights/mornings, I awake to either one or two kittens in my closet, nicely nestled into the side of one of my rolling backpacks. I'm not sure why, but that is one cozy place to sleep. When I made a 3.30 am loo run, I found a two-headed kitten in my closet. It was so adorable, I had to get a picture of it. Only my memory card was still in one of my laptops in the living room, so I stole the one out of my video camera long enough to take a shot, only to have the battery die on me. I switched the card back and managed to get a little bit of footage from the video camera. I'll have to check it to see if anything came out okay. In the meantime, I wrote a poem about their morning romp to finish off yesterday's account. 


Ninja Kittens
There is nothing quite like raising a pair of Ninja Kittens.
Nothing warms the heart more, not even woolen mittens.
Just when you think you're finally safe and alone in the dark,
a little form runs up your chest, right to your face, on a lark.
Watch your typing fingers and guard those wiggly toes.
Cover up your ears and face and hide your pointed nose.
One sits up and boxes, while the other one sits up and begs,
but no one in the house is safe until sofas lose those extra legs.
They find new ways to play until they've refined it to an art.
Just as they lie down again, some clueless friend hits "start."
The kittens are on a romp, squirreling from here to there.
No, there's nothing quite like watching kittens without a care.
© 2013 Beth Mitchum

No comments:

Post a Comment