Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day Eleven and Twelve--Gratitude on Thanksgivings Day

Day Eleven and Twelve--Gratitude on Thanksgivings Day

Most of the household slept a good portion of the day yesterday, the day before Thanksgiving. A cold front was moving in, and apparently we were all experiencing an overdose of tryptophan in advance. I'm vegetarian, so I don't even eat turkey, but still I couldn't keep my eyes open for a lot of the day yesterday and today too. I fell asleep again last night at 21111111111111pl ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ====oooooooooooooo;;;p (compliments of Chi) 444 (postscripted by Tai),shortly after 8 pm. I woke up at 2.30 am, however, and stayed up then until after 6 am before dropping off again for a couple of hours. I've been doing little things today--like watching and videoing kittens, which is time consuming. The kittens are quite cuddly too, so I've had my hands and torso full with all that activity. Now that I've had my lunch, I'm just about ready for another nap. I swear we're like an army of narcoleptics trying to keep watch to no avail. Good thing we aren't under siege by legion of garden gnomes or driving anywhere today. We'd all be pretty worthless at the moment at staying wake. About 3 am, I woke up thoroughly while the kittens were playing with Yeti and each other on and around the cat tree in the hallway. That was entertaining. I managed to snag the video camera and record some of that, although they were already winding down. Later I got little bit of sleepy video before the kittens dropped off to sleep on my chest. It's no wonder I can't stay awake with all the sleepy kitten energy around me. I'm pretty sure that over the years, I've simply turned into a cat. While my eating habits haven't changed any, thank goodness, my sleeping habits definitely have. You never know when I'll fall asl--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wait. Where was I? Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm grateful for a life filled with feline friends. 

PS Chi remembered only once to lift up her hurt paw today and that was when she was trying to score some of my pasta dinner. It didn't work, but it was adorable. Get got lots of cute points for that act, but alas, no pasta. I know where that leads. I'm already having to break Bootsy and Anjolie of getting too nosy during my mealtimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment